10.31.2013

Thanks for starting the blog for us Holly. I'm looking forward to viewing your posts Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how to post my own thing, but I thought I'd share this with anyone looking at our blog. I found a new inspiration through a friend who saw some pictures on Instagram, and thought I'd see what you all thought of his stuff!
    the name is Jeremy Geddes, and his website is Jeremygeddesart.com
    He's an oil painter, who works beautifully with light and dark, with high realistic detail, and basically covers most of the things I am interested in personally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andie and All,
    I'm looking and the paintings right now and I see why you find this Artists inspiring. I appreciate the economy of his rendering and composition. He's certainly very skilled. The key to work like this to start is excellent photo reference that emphasizes a single light source. Then work out the painting with a limited tonal pallet. The lighting is very straight-forward in most of Geddes paintings. Remember: "Change the plane-change the value". I'm looking at, 'A Perfect Vacuum' as I write noticing how he carries this formula through by managing values and edge control with great care and precision. Thanks for the post Andie. I hope you wonderful students have a terrific Christmas! I'm off to AZ on Christmas Eve to warm up for a few days. Cheers! http://www.jeremygeddesart.com/popups/aperfectvacuumpaint.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.